Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Cyberspace Experiment

Sometimes I just wander about the internet to see what I see for the fun of it. I especially like Google Earth. And Paul recently introduced me to street view of the major cities. It's amazing what you can find and how many tools there are for finding things. I was thinking it could be fun to use the entire earth via the internet to play a sort of "Where's Waldo". So. . .here's the challenge. Can you find this catsup bottle and tell us anything about it? (I used photoshop to delete some of the pertinent information on this photo.) You are invited to introduce your own challenge to this game.

3 comments:

Katie Beth said...

This catsup water tower is located in ....Collinsville, IL. The original owners were Brooks Foods. The water tower bottle came into some trouble when Brooks Foods put their catsup plant up for sale. The new owners are a military supply company and they didn't need an old, run down water tower for their business.
Thankfully,though they didn't shut it down. In 1993, a group of devoted citizens joined forces to raise money for the restoration of this beloved landmark. Two years later their project was complete.

Dancelot said...

Congratulations to Taxesaton! The winner! She should get $1000.

Katie Beth said...

I most certainly agree!! Thank you very much!