Thursday, November 17, 2011

Mac Donalds

By the way, I'm really enjoying Paul's uploads of Mom and Dad's photos. Where does the time go?

This first photo of mine is from a walk Richard and Jo and I took down the Champs Elysees - one of the most expensive and exclusive shopping areas in the world.

Believe it or not this is what you first see when you walk into the McDonalds on the Champs Elysees.
But nobody was ordering anything from that first display of everything classically French.  You walk further in and there are hordes of people crowded in to order the real thing. . .American fast food.  The guide book said this is the most profitable McDonalds in the world.
Jo and I were constantly impressed with our eating experiences in France.  Their attention to quality and detail is breathtaking.  Fresh basil, authentic Swiss cheese, toothsome flavorful breads etc. etc.

But judging from this McDonalds it looks like we are  slowly winning them over.  I'm not sure what to think of this.  I liked the French eating experience, but I also like McDonalds.

No comments: