Thursday, January 11, 2007

Rub a dub dub

We hiked back into the mountains searching for Mount Black which we never found, but we did see a wolverine and other animals. Back at camp we washed clothes and cleaned up. We wanted to bathe too, but the rivers were icy cold so we innovated.

I'm not sure who was the genius behind this plan. They filled a canoe with water then dropped red hot rocks into one end.
I'm also not sure how the bathing order was determined, but Tom and I did not want to be the last of 8 to get into that water, so we used hot rocks to create a sauna.

2 comments:

northberger said...

These are great pictures and great stories. I remember seeing this slide show as a junior higher and being extremely envious. I'm glad I at least had the opportunity to go to Alaska with you guys a few years later.

Have any of you seen the show on the Discover Channel called 'Man vs Wild'? It's about a guy that get's dropped in the middle of nowhere - the top of a mountain, the middle of a desert, etc, and uses his survival skills to get back to civilization. It's the best show on TV these days. I think all of you would love it.

Dancelot said...

Jonathan really likes that show. I have been known to end up watching it with him. There's another one I can't remember the name of where the guy is accompanied by a crew of camera people which for Jon and me wasn't as impressive.