Monday, September 07, 2009

some more empty nests?

I decided to check in with our two families that may have new empty nests? How are you doing Dan and Jo and Paul and Faith? It sounds like Peter is getting established in Kansas and Jonathan at Gustavus Adolphus. I?Is Tyler working as a youth pastor or is he still in school? I imagine Alyssa and JaNae are also busy studying.

Then there are some of us that are again busier than we expected. I suppose Mark and Lois are enjoying Emery and will be doing some babysitting. Gwyndolyn starts kindergarten tomorrow. Rhiannyn will be home with me.

Ralph and I have been trying to get away together more this summer, alone. We have also had family with us for some camping trips. Ralph and I bought a new camper; pop up with some pull outs. We have enjoyed it so much. Ralph can't carry over his vacation so we decided to get away more before Gwyn started school. It's been good!

Happy end of summer break. Welcome fall, soon.

1 comment:

Dancelot said...

Just this last Saturday we let go of Jonathan down at Gustavus. We hugged. Jo cried. Now we're home and it is eerily quiet. Because of complex coincidences we went this summer from a busy bustling home with Peter, Jon and George to a place that is very quiet. Just Jo and Me and two cats. It's going to take some time for us to adjust.