Monday, July 17, 2006

strange photos

Here are some photos that jumped out at me, of the crew that came to Alaska. Over the next few days i will put some more on the blog, and change the date so they coincide with day that they were taken.



Dan, Dean, Stephen, and Kurt. I guess this photo is self-explanatory.





I guess Steve was trying to block Kurt out of this photo also.








Same pose by Steve with Dean and Peter at the glacier. It does not look like global warming on this particular day.







This is a hip-hop couple we saw on the mountain trail.

4 comments:

grandmajean said...

I don't think the top photo was self-explanatory. Where was that taken? I like the antiques in the background. I think Steve was trying to hide Kurt, again, though.

DeanTheBean said...

I have no idea where that top picture was taken. I can't ask Kurt. He went to bed.

I was pretty warm with that stupid get-up on! It was cold, but the glacier was sure calving a lot.

Dancelot said...

Here's the answer. Something we learned early and often upon our arrival at Mark and Lois Ann's was that Mark insists on taking photos where the participants are posed and mugging for the camera. For the first few days we amused him by obliging with half-hearted attempts to mug. By the end of the week we just grumbled, cursed under our breath and ignored him.

grandmajean said...

We can attribute Mark's desire to get posed shots to our Dad's use of the camera. We have to be thankful that he liked taking pictures even though we often were tired of waiting through his poses or when the camera wasn't working quite right. We'd have few pictures if it weren't for our Daddy being "camera happy"!