Sunday, October 29, 2006

I Got Problems

I have been trying to upload more pictures to the e round robin since last thursday numerous times every day. When I click to upload the picture the window just freezes up. I tried making the picture smaller and smaller until I was down to 40 kb. But in the past it's always let me through if the photo is around 100 kb. Is anyone else having trouble too? Or. . .would someone else try to post a photo and report?

After entering the above paragraph, I went to Blogger Knowledge and found a letter apologizing for the huge problems because of a massive blogspot crash last week. That may have something to do with my problem. They've got an entirely new software system almost ready to replace the old one. Here's a few paragraphs from the letter:

The news gets better: We foresaw the need for the long-term solution, well, a long time ago. Long enough ago that it’s almost done, and you can use it as the new version of Blogger in beta. If you can switch to it (see requirements) you really should. The new version of Blogger is better in almost* every way, including reliability. (It’s worth pointing out that none of this past week’s trouble affected the new version of Blogger or its blogs.)

It’s been a bad week for Blogger, and, as I hope you can tell, we’re not denying it. Instead, we have taken and will continue to take specific steps that make Blogger a more reliable, overall better service for you to use.


We should consider switching over to this new beta version. I wasn't sure if it was a personal issue for me, or if we'd have to do it as a group. Would all of our previous posts transfer over too? Perhaps some of you could also check this out at this spot.

No comments: