Tuesday, March 03, 2009

1986 OR LATER? (Part 2: Holly)

Starting with Mark's family. . .it would helpful if Mark could remember when they came down from the late 80's to the early 90's. I have photo proof they were here the summer of '85, Christmas of '86 and summer of '88. If they weren't here the summer of '86 then the mystery year could not be '86. I have a vague recollection that only Mark was able to attend the funeral and that is why the whole family showed up that Christmas.


But on to the kids. Holly is first up. Holly 86 has a different hair style, she's wearing glasses, and I think the shape of her head is more child like, more oval in shape. Did she get contacts at a certain age? If so when?


To my mind Holly 88 looks more like Mystery Holly - no glasses, a more mature head shape. But in '88 her hair style was decidedly "spikey". When was the next time Mark and family came down after '88? I'd like to see a photo of Holly from that trip!

Regarding that spikey- do, would it have looked that way all the time or would it depend upon the day and how much time she spent on it? Maybe she could have flattened it out when she went to Duluth so as not to shock Grandma Ruth.

3 comments:

ms said...

Lois is thinking that it was the summer that we stayed at a cabin on a lake and Travailles were there too. Was it in 1990? It had a great big fireplace with amethyst rocks in it.

I was one time thinking that we could make blog autobiographies by using old photos and back-dating each entry...

Dancelot said...

I think 1990 is much better than 1986. But then why did mom write
"Steve is 40"? I also find the idea of a blog where we posit and date photos as interesting. I just "backed up" our photos and was told at the completion that we have over 7,800 photos stored in our hard drive in the "my pictures" file.

ms said...

digital photos are great!!!! They have the date the photos were taken in the properties. Also, you take a lot more and do not worry about running out of film or the cost of film and developing....

I think we have more photos of Emery than of any of the rest of us and she turned 5 months old on friday.