Sunday, September 10, 2006

Mabel

Becky called this evening. She rushed back from Ethiopia a week ago because Mabel had been diagnosed with cancer. Becky had a good week with her and she died yesterday.

I had been under the impression that Mabel had been diagnosed with alzheimers years ago and was probably in a vegetable state, but Becky said the diagnosis was in error, and Mabel, who was 94, was lucid and vigorous of mind up to the end, living with Sharon and Peb in Colorado.

In case anybody's vague about the relationship. . .Harold Osell was Esther Lindstrom's brother. The funeral is at Bethany in Duluth this Thursday. I plan to be there and I'll express condolences as a representative of the family.

Since I haven't scanned the Stynsberg slides yet I had trouble finding a picture of Mabel so I reused this one from Mom and Dad's wedding.

No comments: