Saturday, December 01, 2007

Annual Holiday Gathering in Lakeville

Inquiring minds have wanted to know the date of our annual holiday gathering. Because the only logical date would be the weekend of Alyssa's concert we are going to push it out to January.
In the past we have celebrated with a Swedish theme. But this year I thought it would be fun to celebrate my heritage (hispanic) and do a Mexican theme and hold the gathering on January 5,2008, celebrating 3 Kings Day. I know I am not officially Hispanic but growing up in California with a very large Hispanic family, we embraced many of their traditions. ANYWAY, back to the party. Everyone can gather, who would like to attend, at our house at 5pm, Saturday, 1/5/08.
I will be making a pork chili stew, enchilladas, mexican wedding cakes and snow pudding. (believe it or not a form of snow pudding is in my Mexican Cookbook. RSVP with what you're bringing and we'll have a great time. Sorry no Pinatas, Greg hates them. Have a blessed Christmas and hopefully we'll see you in January!
Love, Denise

3 comments:

grandmajean said...

It sounds fun. I think we can make it although we also have a gathering for our ALPHA group that day in Ham Lake. You'll be celebrating with Grandpa John in Heaven...his birthday! We want to begin putting out some feelers concerning Christmas, too. I can't write much now because our darlings are down for a nap and I have to venture out in the snow for groceries. Greg and Denise, are you not going to be with us at Christmas at all? Let us know. I'll try to send out an email, too.

Dancelot said...

Wahoo!! Count us in too. Mexican on Three Kings Day. . .i's perfect. We'll have to think about this a bit regarding contribution, but we'll let you know soon.

DeanTheBean said...

And I think we can make it too.
I'm leaning toward something with a molé sauce. Even though I barely know what that is...