Sunday, November 11, 2007

John


Mark noted that John is seldom seen in these photos. So I went back to try and find him. Here's one place where he shows up.



Again, notice how baby Paul dominates all of these photos. What an egotistical twerp!

By the way, I say "John" out of no disrespect but only to distinguish him in my mind from "Helge". There was a time early in their marriage where I swore I would never call him "father". But, thank God, that quickly dissipated. Now, as time has distanced these events, I think of "John" and "Helge" just to keep things straight. They were both, in their time, my Father.

4 comments:

northberger said...

As I recall those were the most comfy 'jammies I've ever owned.

Dancelot said...

Something I find odd about these pictures is that you're wearing one thing in the first picture and another in the second. You would think Helen would have photographed you and John and then he'd hand you off to her and then he'd take the picture of her and you. (I'm getting confused, but you know what I mean). They must have been taken on different occasions, right?

northberger said...

As I recall, the first picture was on a Friday and the second picture was about three days later (a Monday) shortly after supper at about 7:29.

grandmajean said...

I think it's quite amazing that we all in our own time called our step parent "Mom" and "Dad". Probably it was easier because we weren't forced, we had lost our other parents to death, we were all loved very much and the parents that died were also loved very much and no one was afraid to talk about them and their importance in our lives.
Dad sure had fun posing pictures. Those are great pictures.