Sunday, November 04, 2007

Popeye and Mink Lake

Just a few more from the "blank slides". Here's a group where Mark is Popeye and Greg just got back from Mink Lake.




You know the drill - who, what, where, when, why.













Always the epitome of good manners Mark takes his hat off while indoors.









I'm pretty sure (judging from the lack of front teeth in the twins) that this photo is from 1961 and prior to the above three. But here Mark has the Mink Lake sweat shirt. Did he outgrow it and Greg inherited it? Or did Greg get his own new one a year or two later?

3 comments:

northberger said...

I'm guessing the first three pictures are at the Weisenhaus's cabin on Chub Lake.

grandmajean said...

The bottom photo is of Bill and Ruth Laulo with us. They were one of the families that had us over probably for Sunday dinners, the day that Dad always said was the most difficult for him. I wonder how old the Laulo's were by that time. It doesn't look like a Sunday afternoon here, though because we aren't dressed up. I noticed a big difference in the length of my hair in the first pictures and in the last. One of the devastating things that happened to me after Mom died was that someone cut off my braids because "the adults" didn't think I could care for my long hair.

ms said...

I remember the Laulo's who had us over almost every Sunday for dinner probably for a year or two.