Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Splashzooka 65

I hate to introduce a sour note into all this Christmas cheer but the white elephant gifting at the Lindstrom household had its problems. I submit the Supersoaker CPS Splashzooka 65.



1. Before any gift was opened I made a public announcement stating specifically that one of the rules of participation in the white elephant was that everyone must take home with them the gift they selected. Shortly after everyone left, this was found laying on the couch. Now my sons are no snitches and so even though they knew whose it was they refused to tell me. They did give me a hint - the culprit's name rhymes with "Gosh".

2. But even more important. Before we commenced the white elephant opening, I proposed a rule that every white elephant gift had to be fully functional. I was readily booed and scoffed. But I will not be bulllied! There is a difference between a "white elephant: and "garbage". Item in point is the above mentioned Splashzooka 65. I have explored this device up and down the internet and can state categorically that the Splashzooka 65 is worthless unless one has a Q.F.D. (quick fill device). Without the corresponding Q.F.D. this item is not a white elephand but garbage.

1 comment:

grandmajean said...

So what is that guy supposed to do? Will he be promised another gift next year? Personally we feel that "white elephants" can be garbage. We never had a definition of a "white elephant" gift and have received junk as well as good stuff through the years. I'll let that guy know that his gift is posted in case he's sorry he "forgot" it.