Monday, June 15, 2009

The Northern Light




My cousin, Gary Lindman, just sent me a note saying he found the enclosed pamphlet in the Soldotna Bible Chapel Library and he thought I might find it interesting. And suddenly I am whisked away to a long lost era. The Counter Culture was relevent. The Jesus Freaks were in the news. Mark and I were heavily involved in "the movement" As it unfolded in Alaska.



We were the creators of an underground newspaper in Alaska chronicling the counter culture Jesus movement. What Gary sent me was a long lost volume from that paper.






















The front page was drawn by a long lost friend Captain Lee Johnson. The back page was written by me and illustrated by Mark. Wow!

And if any young whippersnapper is thinking the production values are pathetic - I'd like to remind you that we did this long before the age of computers and photocopying machines. We really used typewriters and tried to correct our mistakes with "whiteout" as best we could.

1 comment:

grandmajean said...

Hi everyone! I haven't written for too long because for some reason we haven't gotten this blog site on our new computer and I haven't taken time to go back on this old computer. Perhaps all of you have gotten junk mail from us that for all of you is unwanted. Someone got a hold of our addresses and hasn't left any of us alone for awhile. Hope to clean up our old computer and the new one and get that junk out of here. Sorry for the annoyance.
Dan, Mark,did you get any responses to those questions on your paper? I remember going to a Jesus People meeting at the University. I suppose I was in high school.