Friday, January 20, 2006

Augustine

Mark, I've been pulling up the web-cam for Augustine every day lately. One of the things I almost forgot was how dark it is there in the winter. It looks like the sun doesn't rise until 9:00 this time of year. So far I haven't been able to see the peak with the web-cam I've been looking at. I think it's probably in a bad location - I suppose it's smoke from the volcano blocking the view. Today I was extremely lucky. The web-cam caught sight of a bird (above). What kind of bird do you think this is? An Osprey?

1 comment:

ms said...

It has been cloudy. Did you see all the photos of the mountain? It has been quiet for several days. One morning maybe tuesday you could see a small eruption on the weather radar. At first it was blue and then turned to red. They have changed the radar a little to pick up ash better.
I think the bird you see is a young bald eagle. his head is not white yet. The wings look like an eagle.