Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Business in Brookston


Here are some more photos of the 7-11 of 1937. This is Grandma Stynsberg with the plants inside the store/gas station.





"Lilly Haugen riding in style as queen of the 1936 fair." I do not know Lilly, but that is the store in the background.







This is Grandma Stynsberg and her brother Carl Larson and his store behind. I think he helped grandma and dad survive after Alexis Grandpa Stynsberg died in 1929? maybe? Perhaps Greg and Paul inheirited some tall genes from Carl.






Time exposure of the store in 1938. Looks like they have a new gas pump moved more toward the front.

4 comments:

DeanTheBean said...

Very cool.
Where did you get these photos? I don't think I've ever seen these.
What else do you have?

grandmajean said...

Do you know if there were two doors to the store? The picture with C.T. Larson and Sons is one with Carl Larson and Grandma and the time exposure picture says "Stynsberg's" on the sun visor. I thought they were great pictures, too.

northberger said...

Mark, I noticed you lost a dog...
http://www.ksrm.com/ksrm/dogGoneNews.asp
Has she found her way back home yet?

ms said...

I have 2 photo albums with photos from the 1930's and 1940's. I will try to write a little history soon of Dad growing up during the Brookston years.
These are 2 different stores.