Monday, January 16, 2006

my visit to Duluth

Hi guys, I just spent a day and a half in Duluth. I had an opportunity to ride up with our friends the Pieh's so I went. I stayed with the Towns as Lorraine has been there since she was released from the hospital. Lorraine is doing much better. We so much appreciate them...if we didn't have them we would have probably had to convince her to come to the Cities or had her in a nursing home.
I decided to call Dick and Bette Matthews today. " Hi" to you all from them. He is "Bob" or Robert in Duluth and is listed as Robert R. Matthews in the phone book. I've been wanting to ask them if they have any geneology of that side of the family. They don't. I didn't get to talk to Bette because she has insomnia but can sleep in the morning. They are in fairly good health but Bette has episodes of severe pain with colitis. I had an opportunity to ask some questions about their family, too. I should probably get a prize! Rob lives in Mpls, Rick in Grand Junction, CO, and Jan and Sue live in the Duluth area. Dick and his sons traveled to Ireland in the fall and enjoyed it so much that they want to go back. Matthews is Irish.

I enjoyed catching up with them once again. I am going to try to find the phone number for Charles andVirginia Austin's daughter Peggy (I used to have it). I think she lives in Brooklyn Center. We don't have too many links with Dad's side of the family any more, especially since we don't have family reunions with any of them.

No comments: