Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Who the heck is SAM?

There is an ongoing conversation about the relative merits of a particular movie named "Napoleon Dynamite". Fine and good. But!!! Somebody entered a comment on the subject with the nom de plume of "Sam". Who the heck is "Sam"? I must confess that I don't like the fact that undeclared "entities" can have their say at our site without identifying themselves. Am I wrong? Who is SAM?
By the way, thanks to Katy, when I was last out on errands I stopped in at the local video store to pick up "Napoleon" and was dismayed to find that it was available only in VHS format. When I complained, the lady told me that "Napoleon Dynamite" was the most popular movie in the store to be "rented" and never returned. She desparately wanted to have the movie in dvd format but given the rate of "rip-offs" she had a hard time defending her conviction.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So... did you get it? Did you like it? Or think it was too dumb?

We happened to watch another great movie last night at work again (that is why the use of a pseudonym). It is Cinderella Man. It is the story of James J. Braddock who was a boxer. There are several storylines about the depression and marriage also.

Dancelot said...

Oh I think I get it. Sam is a "distant" relative (nudge nudge) and so that is why errrrr, that is, well. . .you know.

greg said...

SAM is only the use of someone's initials slightly altered in order. So what's the vote on Napoleon Dyno? We've usually found the count to be pretty even between loving and hating. One friend is sitting on the fence, but I don't believe her!