Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Back from a great Vacation!


What is a link? oh, well, I just by passed that! Ralph and I just returned from a week in the eastern Caribbean. What a wonderful time. I will attempt to write a family letter, soon, but it may be a few weeks. Our church calendar is extremely full for both Ralph and me. I would like to have Ralph help put pictures on it because I can't do it myself.

We left here on Jan. 28th at 4:30 AM and arrived in Ft Lauderdale at about 12:30PM. We set sail on the Zeiderdam (Holland America Cruise Line) at about 5:30 PM. We sailed to Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, Road Town, Tortola and Nausau, Bahamas as our ports of call. We really liked everything about the cruise. Yes, there is as much food as we've always heard about. Some of you gourmet cooks would really appreciate the unusual foods served as well as the presentation.
One of the highlights of the cruise for us was the praise and worship time. We went through Inspiration Cruises with "iWorship, Integrity Music" for our cruise, so perhaps close to half of the passengers were from either KTIS or one of it's affliate stations from around the country. We were led in worship by Don Moen, Sara Groves, Lenny LeBlanc, Paul Baloche, Robin Mark, some guitarists, drummer and keyboardist. They were excellant. Because we were kept busy with the worship time we had little time to take in many other shows on board, but we weren't disappointed. Our table mates for dinner each evening were 3 other couples from the Twin Cities or suburbs.

It took us far longer to get home because we went by way of Houston, TX but were delayed because of poor weather. We missed our connecting flight to Mpls by about 4 hours, so the airline put us up in a hotel on Sat. night. We were given another flight into Mpls on Sun. morning but had to take a connecting flight through Detroit on the way home!

Must close for now. Please note my comment...I don't know why I cannot comment on some of the pictures at times. Ralph says I say too much so I'm not allowed to comment. I don't comment real often so I say I can say as much as I want. The little egg timer comes up when I try to comment. I could only comment on one picture this evening.

3 comments:

ms said...

It is better to post it out in the open where everyone can read it rather than commenting on the back pages anyway. Nice cruise ship. You can see below that our Nikiski cruise ship got stuck in the ice. I suppose you didn't see any ice down there in the caribbean.

grandmajean said...

I don't know when we will be able to post pictures. Thank you whoever posted the picture of the cruise ship (was it you, Mark?) All of the lights in our church are being retrofited with new bulbs etc. and Ralph is doing a lot of the work. If you remember how large our church is you can imagine where we'll be spending our time in the next month or so.
This weekend we're hosting the biggest event of the year at church. We're having an "Asian Adventure" all adult banquet. It's a lot of fun (but also a lot of work). We ask our youth to be involved in food preparation, serving and clean-up and they get part of the proceeds. We also set aside some for eventual kitchen renovation.

grandmajean said...

Audrey emailed me today to say that their daughter, Judy was on the same cruise as we were. It is a small world! Audrey had emailed Dorothy about her Judy's cruise and Dorothy thought it may be the same cruise we were on. Judy looked up our names in the book we had of people on the inspiration cruise.