Friday, March 03, 2006

Dan And Jo

Such a handsome couple... I assume this was the first apartment you two lived in after you were married.

I connected with Aunt Dorothy. She's been visiting the blog. She says the woman in the picture with mom and the twins is Phyllis Lundberg. Does that ring any bells, Mark? She was a high school girl from the church in Warman where Uncle Al was pastoring. She stayed at our house for the summer to help with the twins.

Jean, I finally started reading some of the letters of mom's you borrowed to me a couple years ago. It's an amazing collection. There's even a bit of a journal around the time mom first met dad. I think I'll add quotes from the letters and the journal to the blog occasionally.

I was thinking it's too bad we don't write letters like that anymore. It's too bad, but I think this blog is a real positive thing and we should probably take care to preserve this, somehow, on more than just this site. This site won't be here forever - perhaps we should save stuff from this site onto a CD or hard copies somehow... Something to think about.

One more thing - Roseau is going to state in hockey again. We actually don't expect to win it all this year. But we should have a better team during the next couple years.

No comments: