Friday, April 27, 2007

tuning in

It's been awhile. Sorry about my absence. I have been checking in every now and then to see what's going on in everyone's lives. So about the books and music question........ Ever since I was little I have enjoyed reading. My faves these days: Red Moon Rising by Pete Greig and Dave Roberts- It shares the story of a growing movement around the world of 24/7 prayer. The stories about what God is doing through this movement are enough to bring you to tears. People are beginning to discover a deeper relationship with God than they imagined possible. They find out as they spend time with Him that he is a father at heart calling his children to his lap to pour out his love upon them and also to share his secrets with them. Anyways...Great book, you should check it out.

Redeeming Love continues to be one of my favorite novels and it is a modern day retelling of the book of Hosea and if you read it, make sure that you have a box of tissues handy. It's not just a girls book for all of you guys out there. My dad has read it and would agree with me.

Music hmmm...well I listen to quite a variety. I really love Jason Upton & Heather Clark (both worship leaders. Heather is from Canada) I, like Uncle Paul, also enjoy Celtic music.

No comments: