Friday, August 08, 2008

My Great Great Great Grandpa (MGGGG)


Awhile back Paul bragged about Faith being related to John Morton. Well, I'm going to do some bragging about my own famous forebear - Sylvester Graham. Some of you have heard this already but I'm going to get it down on the internet so all can see and be awed.
I think I've probably told most of you about being contacted by my cousin Glenda (daughter of Doris) whom I hadn't talked to in probably 40 years. She's been doing genealogical research on Grandma and Grandpa Peterson. Grandma was a Graham and it appears that one of here forebears was Sylvester Graham, the inventor of Graham Flour and the Graham Cracker.
Over the next few weeks I will tell you all about him in a series of posts. That way I can do my share to up the number of posts this year since we are falling way behind past years.

2 comments:

grandmajean said...

thanks, Daniel. I think this will be interesting. Tomorrow I will be going out with some friends from my church for lunch. That will make delightful conversation!

Unknown said...

Daniel, my wife pointed me to your blog entries on the life of Graham. Great stuff! Sylvester Graham most recently was featured in this book by Mark Adams about Bernarr (Physical Culture) Macfadden. Graham was an early inspiration to Macfadden.

I am doing some research on the inventor Maurice H. Graham from St. Louis Park, MN. I would love to see if he is a descendant of Sylvester. Would you be able to put me in touch with your cousin Glenda? I am webmaster of the Hull Family Association, a surname organization involved in family history. She can reach me here or 303.355.2032. Thank you.

David Hughes
Denver, CO