Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Number Seven

Regarding the issue of snowblower verses shovel, one needs to consider how much snow needs to be removed.  Towards that end I checked everyone's yard with Google Sattelite and calculated the area of removal for everyone.  Today I'll present the person in seventh place.  But. . .

1. I measured each home with the zoom at 1 inch equals 100 feet.

2. I marked in yellow the areas that are one lane wide, and I marked in blue the areas that are two lanes wide.

3. I'm ignoring sidewalks

4. If you want to challenge my assumptions. . .have at it.

Okay.  Drumroll.  Number seven: Coming in at a scant 37 feet - Greg and Denise.  Greg's usual mode of removal is the shovel.

3 comments:

ms said...

This will be very interesting, but Lois Ann and myself were already questioning the accuracy because you misspelled the word satellite.

northberger said...

I assume you're factoring in average yearly snowfall for each area...?

Dancelot said...

No that will be the next step. This project is simply looking at area covered.