Sunday, August 20, 2006

A Memorial

Nellie was hit by a car Friday night. She died moments later. She was the best cat I ever had and will be missed by all, including Chloe (dog) and Sophie (cat).
She had unique ways of telling us she wanted to go outside. She learned early on if she simply played the piano, we would let her out. If the keyboard cover was down, she would just jump up on the hamper and fiddle with our bedroom door knob.
I go for walks every day. When I would get within a half block of home she would always come running to meet me. I'd pick her up, give her a big hug, tell her what a good kitty she was, and put her back down. I think I'll miss this the most about her.

2 comments:

Dancelot said...

Rest in peace. Dean and Kurt lost a cat shortly after their return from Alaska. It was the brother of Pepper, the cat we got from them which, we really like.

DeanTheBean said...

Like the vet once told us when we said it was our favorite cat, "It's always the favorite cats that die." We've lost about 3 favorite cats now.

Paul, I remember you and Steve had to deal with Teddy when he died.