Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Four Comments From a Grouch

1. Why is it that some of the titles are cut off and others aren't? Has anybody noticed a pattern yet? I have tried beginning posts in various ways but haven't been disciplined enough to pay attention to what what works and what doesn't. For example, I began this post with a "space" and then an "enter".

2. There is a conspicuous absence of posts from certain members of the family. I'm too gentle to name names, but I'm hoping Greg and Steve and Jean (and sundry spouses) are paying attention.

3. I have tried to nudge things a bit. I called Steve, telling him I just wanted to talk, when, in fact, I really called to try to get him involved in the e-round robin. He assured me that once his new computer was up and running he would do something. I must confess that I'm a bit disappointed that a week has gone by and still no response. The long distance call cost me $1.23!

4. Jo and I visited Ericka and Joe telling them we just wanted to see their new baby, when, in fact, I was was also trying to implement an injection of strategic pressure on them and (indirectly) Jean and Ralph to get them to start paying attention to this blog. After our visit I e-mailed Ericka and Joe specific directions on how they could post pictures of their ever-so-cute kids on the blog and then encouraged them to teach Jean and Ralph how they could do likewise. I must confess that I'm a bit disappointed that a week has gone by and still no response. . .from anybody. At least the visit to Ericka and Joe's didn't cost me anything. . .except some muffins Jo baked.

Humph!

Dan

5 comments:

northberger said...

I was certain that after my Saturday post I'd see a picture of the baby the next day. Here it is 4 days later and still nothing. What's up with that?

ms said...

Maybe just a written description of when the baby was born, how tall, if it was a boy or a girl, and the most important thing, how much hair. Later on when they discover the little photo icon they could send a picture.

DeanTheBean said...

What do you mean about titles cut off? Are you talking about a title like, "Four Comments From a Grouch"? I haven't noticed any titles cut off...

Dancelot said...

Isn't anybody else having problems with titles? Sometimes they are there. Sometimes they are not. Sometimes they are only half there. Sometimes it seems like I will scroll down the blog and they are intact and then I scroll back up and some of them are not. I'll try to pay closer attention.

northberger said...

Yes, I'm have problems with cut off titles - main on the top posting on the page. I have to scroll up and down a bit... sometimes I'll see half of the title, sometimes I'll see all of it, sometimes I'll see none of it. Another issue I'm having is that I almost always have to hit the refresh button just to connect to the blog. Alyssa tells me that's a common issue with blogs.

One last issue - I have to log in with username and password at least a couple times a week when posting. It's supposed to be remembering me so I don't have to do that. Oh well.