Thursday, September 08, 2005

Need a Profile Photo?



Got it! If you want a picture for your profile here's one way to do it. The only downside is everybody who goes to the e round robin will have to stare at your ugly mug for a month.

1. Post the picture to the e round robin, just make sure you choose the "small" size.
2. Exit and wait for the new post to appear in the blog.
3. When the picture appears "right click" the picture and select "Properties".
4. One of its properties is the URL address. Highlight the address and copy it (control "C").
5. Find your way to the place you can edit your profile. Starting with a click of the orange "B" in the upper left corner.
6. On the "edit profile" page find the line where it asks for a photo address. Go there and deposit the URL you had copied (control "V"). Save and Exit.


4 comments:

ms said...

Dan that is a great photo. I have a picture that is similar and have to go thru the same process. The reason for no answer to your question is because i have no clue either. Looks like you got it right though.

DeanTheBean said...

Sorry for the late response. I don't remember how I got my picture in my profile. I just followed the "help" instructions to a "T" and it worked. I also had the problem with the picture file being to big and I had to reduce it... I don't remember anything about a program called "hello".

DeanTheBean said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
northberger said...

I, too, am sorry I never responded. I thought I'd leave it to the blogmaster, Mark. Imagine my surprise when he said he had no clue.

I uploaded my picture to my crosswordese web site and used the url from there...

By the way - thanks again, Mark, for taking care of the spam problem. It looks like it's been eliminated.