Sunday, September 25, 2005

Road Trip

The next few pictures actually come before many of my recent posts. This weekend I've been scanning slides from the first part of mom and dad's trip to Alaska. I totally forgot that they actually took the Alaska Highway on their way there, riding with the Lindmans, and then flying back.

It's too bad they had such poor weather - very little blue sky. As I recall my trip to Alaska in '73 was similar. We had some nice weather early on, but once we got into Alaska we no longer saw the sun. Mark, that's not normal for Alaska is it?

1 comment:

ms said...

Sorry to say but that is normal for this time of year. It seems that during the last few weeks we have had as much rain and wind as New Orleans. Today was an exception just wind with sunshine and blue skies. JUNE and JULY are usually sunny with very little rain. May is even nice with global warming. (We love global warming.)