Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Peter's Final Cross Country Meet

Congrats to Alyssa! We're proud of Peter too. We were at the North High cross country banquet last night. When he started running in middle school many others had more natural talent, but through hard work and perseverance he finished strong. His team won their conference meet and he was all conference. They were fourth at sectionals where the three teams above them ended up all being in the top ten in state. He was a co-captain and at the banquet his team voted him the MVP of the season.

3 comments:

northberger said...

Congratulations to Peter and thanks for the picture - I've been eagerly anticipating news of Peter's CC season. I'm wondering... is Peter actually leading the race here or are there some people ahead of him? Is he considering running in college at all?

Dancelot said...

No, he is not leading the race. I am not an expert in long distance running. But from my experience, the leader and three to five behind him are usually a long way ahead of the pack. Peter usually comes in at about the 10th spot when he's running good. He is not thinking of running at the college level. But when we've toured colleges he is almost visibally salivating when he sees all of the opportunities for intra mural activities like ultimate frizbee, lacrosse, volleyball, football, etc.

grandmajean said...

Congratulations to Peter. I used to love running in high school but I couldn't compete because I was just too slow. I really respect someone that works so hard at something like that and can keep up with everything else in their lives.
I don't know if my message went through at an earlier date but Ralph and I were in Grand Marais in September. Karen Lehto's (Brygger)son, Reid was also running in that race. I didn't hear how he placed.