Monday, May 08, 2006

The Birdies in the Treetops

At Josh's party yesterday, Corinne Dee (aka Corky Carlson) told me that we sang "The birdies in the treetops sing their songs" when these pictures were taken, and all of a sudden the whole song came back to me. Now I can't get it out of my mind.

I'm guessing the above picture is of David Towns, Floyd Hammerstrom, Bill Sjoblom, Roger Peacock, Tim Burgstead, and Sir Dancelot. We were roughly 3 1/2 years old. I especially like the pose of Tim.

Many people you know are in this picture. Some I recognized right away are Becky Osell, Nancy Eneroth and Corky Carlson. Corky could probably name them all.
I couldn't begin to describe how evocative all the things in this photo are to me - the tiles on the floor, the green walls, the steel posts, the fake fireplace, the little lighthouse on the mantel (when you put a penney in it the light would go on).

1 comment:

grandmajean said...

Wow, was that ever a healthy SS program. We have never had that many children that are approximately the same age at one time in our SS program. Daniel, there must have been some kind of a gift for each of you up on the mantel. There must have been one child missing that day.