Friday, May 19, 2006

Ollie and Esther

Did any of you know that at one time Ollie and Esther were real close to adopting a baby? I'm not sure of the year, but judging from the look of the slide frame it would be in the early 50's. I'm also not sure why they ended up not adopting.


Doesn't it look like Ollie has a tattoo? I tried to zoom in but it goes out of focus before I can draw any definitive conclusions. I would say the odds are in favor of his NOT having a tattoo, but I know he was a little wild and reckless in his youth so it's possible.

He told me once of a pool game in Chicago that got out of hand and his opponent drew a gun on him. Ollie stuck his hand in his pocket and pretended like he had a gun in his pocket pointing back. He backed out the door, jumped in his car got out of there.

3 comments:

Dancelot said...

I just showed these pictures to Peter and Jonathan asking them if they knew who they were. Neither of them had a clue, but Jonathan said, "That man looks like a nice guy."

DeanTheBean said...

It could be a small flower... or wait... could it be? ...is it a wood tick?

grandmajean said...

I never heard about a possible adoption and never remember asking why they didn't have children. I just assumed they couldn't.