Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Winner Is. . .

This game is getting too rough for me. I'm calling it officially over, though feel free to add new names that come to mind.
While we can't all be winners, I'd like to think that there are many winners in this game. Mark, because he responded first and with many contributions at a time when the rules were not too clear. Dean, because of his vigorous competition and his brilliant analysis of the group of males left-of-center. And Jean wins, because. . .well. . .because she won. She got the most points. But not only because she won but in the way she decimated and devistated her twin brother. . .and on their birthday to boot! Way to go!
But most important of all. . .I won. I won because I devised a puzzle that left little brother Paul (the puzzle master) languishing pathetically in LAST PLACE!!!!! I am so proud of myself. But when you think about it, he didn't have a chance. Look again at the family portrait at Mom and Dad's wedding. Paul is nothing but a wee child. He wasn't thinking about Einer and Rudy. . .his mind was on Yogi and Boo boo. Would The Ranger catch them! Would they be in trouble for stealing the picnic basket!
I still plan to present a few more names, but it will be in the aftermath. There were numerous "old ladies" who were vaguely familiar to me, but I couldn't put a name on them. I found a church directory circa 1970 with pictures of all church members! Using that directory I was able to produce another half dozen names. I'll do that in the near future.

3 comments:

northberger said...

ouch...

northberger said...

We had a church directory with pictures in 1970? Amazing! I don't remember it. We should post the whole thing sometime.

grandmajean said...

Thank you Daniel, I'll take a bow. I do remember faces but struggle with names. I agree it would be fun to connect with some of the people again. It would have to be another anniversary for Bethany but the folks from Bethel wouldn't be there and of course the friends of the family that weren't a part of the church at one time. Have a good night.