Sunday, October 30, 2005

eRR Favorite Link List...


Per A-Rob's wish, I did a little research and figured out how to add a list of favorite links to this blog site. You should see it in the sidebar on the left. Here's how to add to the list...
  • Go to the Dashboard by clicking on the B in the upper left corner of the blog.
  • If you're already signed on, sign off.
  • Sign in as the e round robin administrator. Mark sent this user/password a long time ago in one of his invitation emails. (I'm not going to post the user/password here.)
  • Click on the Change Settings icon.
  • Click on the Template tab.
  • You will see a window with html code. Scroll down a little more than halfway and you will see a line that says:
    <!-- Begin #sidebar -->
  • Just a little further down, you will see a line that says:
    <h2 class="sidebar-title">Links</h2>.
  • To add another link, just copy and modify the line that says:
    <li><a href="http://www.zippythepinhead.com/">Zippy the Pinhead</a></li><!-- This is DeanTheBean's link -->
I was thinking... Maybe we should start by limiting the number of links per user to one.

I also made one other little change. I set the comment settings to show up in a popup window instead of the full screen. I think it's nice to be able to see the blog while viewing/creating comments. Agree?

6 comments:

northberger said...

I don't like it, but I'll live with it. I'm set up in such a way that I don't allow any pop-ups. What that means is that I need to hold down the "control" button every time I click on the comments link. I can live with it though.

DeanTheBean said...

Paul,
Can't you tell your browser that pop-ups are OK in blogger?
Otherwise, try Firefox. Highly recommended.
-Dean

ms said...

Hey Dean, Thanks for the information about adding links. I noticed the pop-up window thing a few days ago and it is more functional than the old way. I thought google had made the improvement, nice work.

I use firefox and it is GREAT. Why doesn't firefox stop this pop-up? It does stop most pop-ups.

DeanTheBean said...

A-Rob said,

Why doesn't firefox stop this pop-up? It does stop most pop-ups.

Good question. I don't know... I was thinking that maybe I told it to allow pop-ups for Blogger, but I don't remember doing that...

DeanTheBean said...

I have noticed that Blogger/Google is really pushing Firefox. Maybe they have a way to allow comment pop-ups with Blogger in the Firefox browser.

northberger said...

How silly of me... I'm allowing pop-ups on this blog now so I'm okay with this.

I haven't tried Firefox yet... I guess I'm a little resistant to change.