Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Futurist

Termination dust was seen friday afternoon on the mountains while riding up to Anchorage. That predicts winter will come despite global warming. We still have not had freezing in the mornings and we are into October already! Usually we have frost mid September. It has been a nice fall with lots of rain. Once it clears up a few days it will freeze.

On the way home from Anchorage we were listening to a talk radio show to stay awake and it was also very interesting. The guest was Joel Barker who is a 'futurist'. I checked out a couple of his websites. One of them talked about gambling in Minnesota and studied it's outcomes. He uses a process called
implications wheel.

He also had a site sort of like a blog with positive news about recent discoveries, science and
technology things.

2 comments:

DeanTheBean said...

Alaska Robin,

I took the technology survey at your www.fiveregionsofthefuture.com/region link.

I thought I was being pretty anti-technology in my answers, but I got a
pretty high score!

-Dean

DeanTheBean said...

www.fiveregionsofthefuture.com/jbarker/home.nsf/graphIt?open&id=JDOZ-6GVB5R